Effective Date: August 4, 2021
2. Who We Are
We provide video games (“Game(s)”), the official sites for those Games (“Site(s)”), and services related to the Games (e.g., events, surveys, customer service, etc.) (“Service(s)”) to players.
3. Information We Collect
We collect information about you and the Games and Services that you use. Information may be required to enter into a contractual relationship with you or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide Service at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested Services or Games. The information we collect falls into three different categories: 1) information collected directly from you; 2) information collected automatically, and 3) information collected from third parties.
1) Information collected directly from you
You may provide us with the following information when playing our Game and/or using our Services. The information you provide to us may differ depending on the circumstances. For example, these include:
– Nickname to access and play the Game;
– Phone number for authentication purposes;
– Gender, age, country of residence, language, purchase history, and other information you willingly provide us so that we can provide you with the Games and Services.
2) Information collected automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you play our Games and/or use our Services. The type of information that we automatically collect may vary, but generally includes:
– Your device information (including OS version, model information, etc.);
– Online identifiers (including IP address, MAC address, device ID, etc.);
– Data generated during game play and related to the Services (including Games played, in-game settings, game playtime and metrics, etc.); and
– Device event activity details and log information (e.g. whether you encountered an error playing our Games or lost Internet access).
3) Information collected from third parties
We collect certain information from your third party platform’s profile/account as permitted by the terms of the third party platform and your privacy settings thereon. For example, SteamID64, etc.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use personal information for a variety of purposes, primarily to provide the Games and Services to players and to improve the quality of our Games and Services. Most commonly, we will use your information for the following purposes:
– To operate and provide Games and/or Services
– To understand your interests and how you interact with us and to offer personalized in-game content, such as items and advertisements displayed to you in the in-game store;
– To develop new games, improve the quality of our Services, and fix bugs;
– To detect and act upon the illegal or unauthorized use of our Games and Services;
– To manage inquiries and requests from you (e.g. refund items in-game, etc.);
– To provide advertising information and other information on marketing and promotional events and surveys;
– To track usage patterns, analyze trends of users, and calculate statistics on Service use; and
– To prepare user statistics and provide in-game metrics (such as a leaderboard).
In the majority of cases, our processing of your personal information is:
–necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request. Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have entered into with us. For instance, as you go about using our Service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to provide the Game and Service.
– in our legitimate interests in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For example, we may analyze player behaviors in our Game and/or Services to continuously improve them. Also, we may suggest offers we think would interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
– the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation. For example, we may process your personal information to comply with legal obligations, which may require the maintenance of certain records (e.g., accounting records) and for us to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
5. Sharing Your Information
We give permission to third parties to collect or process your information on our behalf, including service providers which process personal information to provide customer support and to manage our community. Examples of these third parties include:
– third party program restriction providers to block cheating tools and unauthorized programs;
– anti-cheating detection providers, fraud prevention vendors to provide a safe and fair gaming environment;
– cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services;
– payment service providers to assist with payment for transactions or providing withdrawing service for sellers;
– marketing platforms and providers of analytics services relating to player behavior, in order to tailor the Service and to conduct marketing activities;
– authorized users of developer APIs [https://developer.pubg.com];
– online survey service providers in order to improve the game service;
– customer service providers to answer users’ inquiries; and
– real-time voice transmission platform providers to provide voice chat services.
6. International Data Transfers
We operate globally and to provide our Services may transfer your data to countries and other regions outside of where you are located, including Korea, the E.U., the U.K., the U.S., Canada, India, and Singapore. If your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
7. Retaining and Deleting Personal Information
We generally retain your personal information for the duration of your relationship with us and will delete it after the purpose for the collection is achieved. Personal information stored in physical form will be shredded or incinerated, and personal information stored electronically will be removed using technical measures in a way that cannot be reproduced.
8. Our Policy Concerning Children
We do not knowingly collect, use or share any personal information about children (age depending on the country where you reside) without verifiable parental consent or as permitted by law. Some of the features on our Games and Services are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe your child has provided us with personal information, you can contact us and request your child’s information to be deleted from our system.
9. Links and Third Party Services
10. Security of Your Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and after we receive the information. For instance, when you visit our Site, we encrypt the information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security.
11. Other Agreements That Govern Your Use of The Site
12. Your Privacy Rights
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you are entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal information. To make a request concerning your rights or if you have any other question, please contact us by sending an email to the address specified in the “Contact Us” section. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In certain countries, including in the EU, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
If you are a California resident, please review our Privacy Notice for California Residents located at https://www.pubg.com/privacy-notice-for-california-residents.
14. Contact Us